Empyrean Challenge / Cluster Wars Forum

Supporting continuing development for Empyrean Challenge / Cluster Wars

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-11 13:07:06

ixnay

vary the build-times

Biggest idea is to make it so ships/colonies take multiple turns to construct, depending on size.  It never made sense to me that it takes 4 turns to build a factory, but one 1 turn to assemble huge ships/colonies.  Maybe base it on mass-number, so a mass-6 s/c (or smaller) takes 1 turn, mass-7 takes 2 turns, etc.  Or add costs or people-requirements to do a rush job.

Also, factory groups that continue to build the same thing every turn could get efficiency bonuses over time.

And different components can take different amounts of time to build.  STUN should be a one-turn thing in all cases.  Same with CNGD or FRM-1.  FCT could take longer.  SEN or Beamers could take longest.  Or maybe just base it on the size/mass of the component being constructed -- small ones take 1 turn, and the biggest take 6 or 8.

#2 2018-10-12 00:15:22

mhochler
Administrator

Re: vary the build-times

I think the deal with factories taking 4 turns to actually produce something is a game play mechanism making it problematic when you run away by packing up a COL into a SHP to avoid being destroyed by a bigger enemy SHP.  You can re-STP the COL in 2 turns at another system, but if that bigger enemy SHP finds you before 6 turns you have no gain by running because you could not have produced anything useful to help your defense.

On the other side, if you commit enough CNW, TPT you should be able to ASM a huge SHP in one turn if pretty much all your POP is working on that project.

I think, more exactly, you mean it takes a FCT four turns to produce, although any number can be assembled in a turn given enough CNW and UNAssembled FCT.

Board footer